This post contains affiliate links. That means I earn a commission when you click the links and place an order.
The past quarter of the year has been a super busy one. If you don’t know, I am a full time special education teacher. At the beginning of the school year, I barely had time to write. However, I continued to find cool items online. Here are my favorite things from August, September, and October.
1. Dragon Ball Z Ocean Dub box sets -
"Dragon, Dragon, Rock the Dragon! Dragon Ball Zeeeeee!" Last October, I embarked on a unique journey to kickstart my collection of Dragon Ball Z VHS tapes. During my childhood, I had only one tape, which I used to record TV episodes. What intrigued me at the time was how these tapes, when aligned, created an intriguing picture. However, I must admit that I didn't hold much interest in them during my younger years.
Now, as an adult, I've developed a profound appreciation for the incredible artwork and design that went into crafting these tape sets. Additionally, I'm thrilled to have added the Ocean dub on VHS to my collection, a perfect complement to my existing Rock the Dragon set. The nostalgic allure of these VHS tapes takes me on a delightful journey back to my youth, and I derive immense joy from rediscovering the series through the lens of an adult collector. It's remarkable how our perspectives can change over the years, allowing us to develop a deeper appreciation for the art and cherished memories associated with these iconic series.
2. Race for Your Life Charlie Brown (1977) -
This movie holds a special place in my heart. The story of the Peanuts gang embarking on a thrilling river rafting adventure, combined with the catchy theme song, brings back fond memories of my childhood. One evening, the theme song unexpectedly popped into my head, and I couldn't resist the urge to look it up on YouTube. The flood of nostalgia was overwhelming, reminding me of those wonderful moments when I watched the movie with my family.
To my disappointment, I realized that my only physical copy of the film had been misplaced over the years. It was a cherished part of my childhood, and its absence left a void. That's when I decided it was time to relive those memories and own the movie once again. I embarked on a quest to find a new copy, either in physical form or through a digital platform.
Throughout the journey, I not only found the movie but also discovered various editions and merchandise related to "Race for Your Life, Charlie Brown." It was heartwarming to see that the movie had left a lasting impact on many others, just as it had on me. Reacquiring the film allowed me to reconnect with a piece of my past, relive the adventures of Charlie Brown and his friends, and share the joy of the Peanuts gang with the next generation. This movie isn't just an animated classic; it's a time machine that transports me back to simpler, happier days.You can watch the trailer here.
3. DIGITNOW Record Player- I have been wanting a record player for years. The problem is that I could never find one that I really liked. I kept collecting vinyl records in hopes of finding the perfect one on day. Well, I found the perfect one in October. Not only does it match my living room’s 70’s aesthetic, but it has cool features too. It has Bluetooth to connect speakers, FM radio, and a USB and SD card port to convert vinyl to an MP3!. It has really been a nice addition to my home.
4. BoA - "Love and Honesty" (2004) - During the early 2000s, like many others, I was a dedicated viewer of Inuyasha on Adult Swim. The series captured my heart with its captivating storyline and, in particular, its enchanting music. It was during this time that Ending 4, titled "Every Heart," introduced me to the legendary Jpop and Kpop artist BoA. Her music left an indelible mark, and I became a devoted fan of her early 2000s albums. Among them, "Love and Honesty" stands out as my personal favorite. It's a cherished album, and I'm elated to finally own a copy, allowing me to relive those nostalgic musical moments from the past.
5. Dirty Pair Flash on VHS (1994)- DVD
This summer marked the inception of an exciting new hobby for me: diving into the world of retro anime by collecting VHS tapes. As I contemplated which 90s anime series to kickstart my collection, one title immediately filled me with nostalgia – "Dirty Pair Flash." This retro anime classic has held a special place in my heart for years, and the idea of having it in the beloved VHS format was incredibly appealing. Thankfully, my enthusiasm led me to an amazing discovery on eBay – a single seller offering the entire "Dirty Pair Flash" series. The prospect of adding this beloved show to my collection brimmed with great excitement, reminding me of the golden era of retro anime.
Though it's been a while since I've indulged in "Dirty Pair Flash," I'm eagerly anticipating revisiting this 90s anime gem and immersing myself in the adventures of the Lovely Angels. There's a profound sense of nostalgia and charm in experiencing these retro anime classics on VHS, taking me on a delightful trip back to an era when VHS was the primary medium for enjoying animated stories. It's more than just a collection; it's a heartwarming journey down memory lane, and I can hardly wait to relive the excitement and nostalgia that this series has to offer.
Do you own any of my favorite things? Let me know below!
Thank you so much for reading this post. Becoming a collector has been a fun journey for me, and I can't wait to see what the next month brings! The world of collecting has introduced me to a wonderful community of fellow enthusiasts, and I look forward to sharing more of my collecting adventures with all of you.